Forum Thread
Beretta 9000 VTM Release By IchII3D (Forums : Coding & Scripting : Beretta 9000 VTM Release By IchII3D) Locked
Thread Options 1 2
IchI
IchI 3D/2D Artist
Jul 6 2004 Anchor

I have spent my own personal time making a very long issue of VTM's (Video Training Module's). In the complete issue I will walk you through step by step how to model a Beretta 9000.

I use both visual and audio methods to tutor and created them on my home computer.

Each VTM is compiled into a .rar file (http://www.rarlab.com/) and contains:

Video Tutorial
Image Refrences
Final Production

Refrence (Not Used In Production):

User Posted Image

Finished Work (All done in tutorials and rendered of camera):

User Posted Image

Programs Used: 3dsmax6
Recorded: Camtasia Studio 2
Codec: XviD
Compiled: Vegas4

Name: 01_Getting_Ready_For_Modelling
Size: 5,834kb
Download: Link

Name: 02_Modelling_Base_1
Size: 126,620kb

Name: 03_Modelling_Base_2
Size: 125,697kb

Name: 04_Touching_Small_Areas_Up
Size: 54,669kb

Name: 05_Magazine
Size: 44,413kb

Name: 06_Barrel
Size: 123,329kb

Name: 07_Little_Thingys
Size: 143,478kb

Name: 08_Optamisation
Size: 64,701kb

Name: 09_Smooth_Groups
Size: 78,837kb

Special Thanks! too John (Host)

If you have any problems or issues please post them in this thread.

THANKS!

--

LOVE AND PEACE!
User Posted Image
I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes
Jul 6 2004 Anchor

wow. Thanks a lot. I'm gonna do this right now.

--

User Posted Image
I LOVE You
FUH-Q

arghvark
arghvark (Cult) Member
Jul 6 2004 Anchor

Too high poly count for me, but it is still uber pwnage

--

Karuto wrote: Spammers? Excuse me, but I always contribute to the conversation and hardly ever go off-topic. Not to mention, I contribute more to my post than just a plain one-liner. I may post a lot, but I'm not a spammer along the terms you guys set, but whatever...

Irony at its finest.
User Posted Image

PsychoBrat
PsychoBrat Bratticus Psychosis
Jul 6 2004 Anchor

Many thanks for that, IchI. Its always an inspiriting occasion when people contribute their efforts to the community like this! :)

Much <3 :P

-jEFF

--

modDB▪GuyTypeThing
Sanity is merely a temporary state on your way to achieving true madness

Jul 6 2004 Anchor

Can you please fix the links? on the 2 building the base videos, I get an unexpected end of archive error, aand the last 6 links don't work.

- Edited By -GUNrunNER- On Tue 6th, Jul 2004 @ 11:51:55pm

--

User Posted Image
I LOVE You
FUH-Q

Epi7aph
Epi7aph I listen to albums. (Formally StormÇrøw)
Jul 7 2004 Anchor

crap they look awesome, an I assume that there anre only 2 models there with different angels

--

ModDB Fucking Oldtimer and (ex) Crow
Who changed my signature!
Playlist
User Posted Image

Jul 7 2004 Anchor

nevermind about the dl problem. I got em all. They are really well put together so thanks a lot.

How bout one on how to do a good render? :)

--

User Posted Image
I LOVE You
FUH-Q

IchI
IchI 3D/2D Artist
Jul 7 2004 Anchor

StormÇrøw wrote: crap they look awesome, an I assume that there anre only 2 models there with different angels

Yes correct. The main post is for the VTMs though :P I posted the Pistol ages ago. The whole VTM using an old style of modelling by my self. I have developed it more. I should proberly make another VTM with it. But it can wait. I am thinking about something different.

--

LOVE AND PEACE!
User Posted Image
Epi7aph
Epi7aph I listen to albums. (Formally StormÇrøw)
Jul 7 2004 Anchor

define VTM for me

--

ModDB Fucking Oldtimer and (ex) Crow
Who changed my signature!
Playlist
User Posted Image

IchI
IchI 3D/2D Artist
Jul 7 2004 Anchor

Video Training Module.

Its basiclly a video which works like a normal writen tutorial would. But you don't need to read anything. I talk to you and walk you through the whole thing. Also you get see every single step of the visual side of things. Its basiclly much clearer and easier to learn.

--

LOVE AND PEACE!
User Posted Image
Jul 7 2004 Anchor

this is gonna sound stupid, but how do you move around freely in perspective view? I'm started the first video tutorial, and I'm right at the part after you set the plane's coordinates to 0. You then move around the perspective view, but I can't figue out how.

--

User Posted Image
I LOVE You
FUH-Q

Jul 7 2004 Anchor

I've got the same problem. Could you please elaborate?

For a tutorial, you have to mention even the smallest of details, especially for the beginner ;)

EDIT: Okay, my friend told me. You do Ctrl+R to rotate it. the green area is the background

- Edited By Karuto On Wed 7th, Jul 2004 @ 6:28:16pm

--

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster."
- Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil, Aphorism 146

Jul 7 2004 Anchor

Thanks Karuto. Yeah this is an excellent tutorial but as karuto said, every detail should be mentioned because most people doing this will have no prior knowledge. I'll post any other questions I may come across here.

EDIT: I don't think he uses ctrl+R. are you just holding down a key or something?

- Edited By -GUNrunNER- On Wed 7th, Jul 2004 @ 6:45:46pm

--

User Posted Image
I LOVE You
FUH-Q

Jul 7 2004 Anchor

At the bottom right, there's a glove that lets you pan, Gunrunner. That's an easier way to do it ;)

--

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster."
- Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil, Aphorism 146

Jul 7 2004 Anchor

lol, probably seems like I'm a nagging idiot, but I have yet another problem.

I'm only 6 minutes into the 2nd video where we are "extruding"

User Posted Image

as you can see, I have all my faces that need to be extuded, selected.

now when I hold down shift to scale it down,

User Posted Image

I do not get the effect I'd hoped for.

- Edited By -GUNrunNER- On Wed 7th, Jul 2004 @ 9:00:29pm

--

User Posted Image
I LOVE You
FUH-Q

IchI
IchI 3D/2D Artist
Jul 8 2004 Anchor

You can move around freeing in your perpective view port by selection the veiw port (when seleted it will have a yellow boarder and holding down you left alt + middle or mouse1 button (can't remember of the top of my head, I would have to open max, seems quiet stupid but normally I don't think about what I am doing. I just do it :-/ . This is different for different keyboards and configurations.

Also for the guy with the extrude problem. Your best chance now is to delete what you have created and start from scratch (Only the small curve area (Basiclly delete the polgons you just extruded) to do this go into polgon mode and select the polgons. Then just press delete (not backspace)

After you have deleted them make sure you do is correctly. After you have extruded the lines you can move them around as you wish. Then when you want to extrude another after you have alligned the first extrude another one. Make sure.

I also just realised you could have another problem. Your mesh is made up of vertex's with 4 sides, some of your vert's may not be welded together properly. Delete the area that you created as I said above and check out all the 9 Vertex's you have. Make sure they are all connected correctly. If they are not target weld them together.

--

LOVE AND PEACE!
User Posted Image
Jul 8 2004 Anchor

I did what you said and it didn't work. I'v been following your video exactly as you've done it. I'm sure its just something stupid on my part though so I'll try to figue it out. Thanks for the help though :)

EDIT: Sometimes when I click an "edge" it doesn't select it until I drag a selection box over it. Maybe this could help find the problem?

- Edited By -GUNrunNER- On Thu 8th, Jul 2004 @ 3:41:17am

--

User Posted Image
I LOVE You
FUH-Q

ShortCutMan
ShortCutMan ♥ Pure ♥ Bred ♥ Geek ♥
Jul 8 2004 Anchor

Might be some preference behind the scenes perhaps Gunrunner?

Seems to be a very good VTM, however, I'm not a 3d Studio Max User, so I have no use for it. :)

--

98% of the internet population has a Myspace. If you're part of the 98% that is an emo bastard, copy and paste this into your sig.
User Posted Image

Jul 8 2004 Anchor

actually lol it was the welding. Sorry about that. now off to more modeling.

--

User Posted Image
I LOVE You
FUH-Q

PsychoBrat
PsychoBrat Bratticus Psychosis
Jul 10 2004 Anchor

For those who are trying to follow the tutorial without any previous experience, thats probably a bad idea; a tutorial like this should be able to skip some things like how to use basic movement tools and whatnot, so go through the basic tutorials that come with the product before you start following third party tutorials. :)

-jEFF

--

modDB▪GuyTypeThing
Sanity is merely a temporary state on your way to achieving true madness

Jul 19 2004 Anchor

Lol, Im guessing you need more then a amature knowledge at using this, just by looking at the first video -_-. I dont like box modeling so this wont help me, so I guess im suck with milkshape :*(

Very good tutorial if your into box modeling though (I only saw the first vid so I dont know if its completely box modeling :S)

--

modDBOld-Oldtimer

Jul 19 2004 Anchor

the first vid is just setting it up. Its not box modelling unless we have different ideas on what box modelling is.

--

User Posted Image
I LOVE You
FUH-Q

Jul 23 2004 Anchor

Hey,
Great tute so far, I am doing it, and I'm on the same part of the video as gunrunner, too :). (wee hey gunrunner, thanks for this link).

I have my faces selected, and the uniform scale button selected. I hold shift, and try to scale it. I do not get the desired effect either, instead the faces I have selected just scale like normal. Nothing extrudes or anything.

By the way, I am using Max4, not Max6 like you are using in the tute. I've noticed a couple subtle differences (not that I couldn't eventually figure them out), and I'm thinking maybe this is another?

For instance:
There is no "Autokey" (first vid), I used the Animation button on max4, and that worked.

Backspace to delete unused vertices does nothing, I "collapsed" them together instead.

There is no "insert vertice" button, but there is a divide button which seems to yeild the same effect.

I'm not sure if the above things are of any interest, I just thought I would point them out.

Jul 23 2004 Anchor

OMG ITS MOBILTUNE!!!!!

--

User Posted Image
I LOVE You
FUH-Q

Jul 23 2004 Anchor

Neat looking gun, I've never seen this gun before :P I wish I had that many reference pictures for weapons I make :P

--

User Posted Image

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.