Forum Thread
Guns Q&A thread (Forums : General Banter : Guns Q&A thread) Locked
Thread Options 1 2 3 4 5
Sticky I'm pretty awesome.
Jul 15 2005 Anchor

Yes, I am the official ModDB weatherman, and yes, I also know about guns. If I know an answer, I'll post it immediately following a question. If I don't, I'm sure the combination of my friend Brian (who is even a bigger afficianado than I) and google, I should be able to uncover nearly every question thrown.

Have a question? Post it here!

frosty-theaussie
frosty-theaussie Sonny Jim
Jul 15 2005 Anchor

What do you care so much about something that is designed specifically to kill people?

--

User Posted Image

Jul 15 2005 Anchor

The fact that if some guy breaks into your house, and he has a baseball bat, three shots from a single .22 rimshot Ruger will incapacitate, but not kill. (I am talking of course, about .22 rimshot hollow point rounds, which expand on impact.) One shot to the arm holding the bat, one shot to the other arm (preferably both shots near the elbow, as to prohibit movement) and one into or near the kneecap. Then you're free to torture/beat/kill/call the police at your leisure.

ComradeTiki
ComradeTiki For the Common Good
Jul 16 2005 Anchor

What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

Or better yet, how many rounds per second can the Lanchester Mark I submachinegun spurt?

Edited by: ComradeTiki

--

User Posted Image
User Posted Image
User Posted Image

_eXiGe_
_eXiGe_ PoN founder & leader
Jul 16 2005 Anchor

Which is the strongert 1 handed gun weapon in the world??

Jul 16 2005 This post has been deleted.
lhavelund
lhavelund Ninjas! Ninjas I tells ya!
Jul 16 2005 Anchor

How many different types of weapons have "Beretta" made? Actually I'd really like to know so.

--

User Posted Image

Jul 16 2005 Anchor

how much does an OICW weight?

--

Photobucket

Stallion001
Stallion001 Ladies know me as daddy, u call me snuggle bear
Jul 16 2005 Anchor

What's the effective ranges of the 2nd Generation of the Kalishnakov series? (AK-101, 103, 105)

Edited by: Stallion001

San-J
San-J ascetic aesthetic
Jul 16 2005 Anchor

Which weapon currently in production available to the public has the highest ROF?

--

Jul 16 2005 Anchor

Christ. This turned into a damned spam fest. This is about GUNS. Any and all posts not pertaining to guns and or projectile weapons in general will be deleted.

_eXiGe_ wrote: Which is the strongert 1 handed gun weapon in the world??

The strongest handgun in the world is either a .50 caliber Desert Eagle with AE Cobalt rounds, with extra grain. The strongest revolver weapon is the Linebaugh .500, which shoots pretty slow rounds (close to 900 ft/sec), but the bullets are fraggin' huge.

Comrade wrote: Or better yet, how many rounds per second can the Lanchester Mark I submachinegun spurt?

The Lanchester was a basically ripped copy of the nearly unknown German MP28/II. Not many files are included on the MP28, as most Germans either carried STG44s, MP40s, or MG42 deployable field assault suppresion machine guns.

Urgel wrote: how much does an OICW weight?

The Objectibe Individual Combat Weapon (OICW), now christened the M29, is still in it's working stages, but comfirms that it fires 20mm ammunition and will cost anywhere from 10 to 20 thousand dollars each. Ammunition will be 25-30 dollars a bullet, but since this weapon will not be inducted into service until 2008, it's weight is variable.

Stallion001 wrote: What's the effective ranges of the 2nd Generation of the Kalishnakov series? (AK-101, 103, 105)

Approximately 1 kilometer.

San-J wrote: Which weapon currently in production available to the public has the highest ROF?

In America, weapons aren't allowed to be full auto, only single-shot and burst. So, basically, anything that is semi-auto. The rate of fire depends on your recoil absorption and how fast your finger can move.

Edited by (in order): Sticky, Sticky, Sticky, Sticky, Sticky, Sticky, Sticky, Sticky

Stallion001
Jul 16 2005 Anchor

Approximately 1,500 meters.

Are you serious? An m4 only (approx) reaches 360 meters... what a vast improvement!

Edited by: Stallion001

Jul 16 2005 Anchor

Yeah, thinking about that, I rewrote it to say that it's only 1km. To be honest, the M4 isn't really made for far off shooting. The 5.56 mm cartridge, while containing stopping power, doesn't have the range of the more-powerful and deadly 7.62 mm. If I waa given a selection of an M4 Carbine and an AK-101, I would have to take the Automat Kalashnikov. Quite honestly, America makes shitty guns. We have the best trained forces and the most specialized, but it's no wonder we sell out to individual companies, like HK, Barret, and Beretta. Army made guns = :thumbdown:.

(In the Civil war, the riflemen were trained to hit targets 400 meters away. Beecher's Bibles had more distance than the modern M4.)

Edited by: Sticky

Stallion001
Jul 16 2005 Anchor

Not true, America has made lots of great guns. M1911 .45, one of the best pistols ever made. Hah, we even have other countries bieng issued the same pistol that was made 60 years ago...

M249 SAW one of the most fast and effective machine guns made. (Funny how the Famas G2 shoots 100 more bullets faster than this :/... 1100 bullets a second FOR A DAMN ASSAULT RIFLE!)

M4 is not bad, i mean, it is a really light weight weapon and its ROF isnt bad as well. It's not intended to go long range, its issued to Army and SWAT (SWAT = Close Quarters Battle squad, URBAN). So you cant expect THAT much out of a gun...

Colt (USA) works with FN (France) vice versa. FN made the browning which also has one of the best handguns ever made. USA adopted FN's browning models and made one of their own...

America is making the XM8, the new generation of light weight machine guns, light weight assault rifles, light weight snipers. America (currently) may appear to you as a shitty country (:D) that makes shitty guns. But you wait, in the future, America's XM designs will make other guns look like piss..

Edited by (in order): Stallion001, Stallion001, Stallion001, Stallion001, Stallion001

lhavelund
lhavelund Ninjas! Ninjas I tells ya!
Jul 16 2005 Anchor

Sticky wrote: Yeah, thinking the M4 isn't really made for far off shooting.

That's where the M16 come in I think xP

--

User Posted Image

Mauvebib
Mauvebib Swallow My Pride
Jul 16 2005 Anchor

All hail the death of free speech!

--

Defeat in Detail 2 - Standalone RTS Game
Planetquake.com
Moddb.com

TheDebonairNomad
TheDebonairNomad Selectively Ignorant.
Jul 16 2005 Anchor

MenZa wrote: How many different types of weapons have "Beretta" made? Actually I'd really like to know so.

'

There is about 80 models (including rifles) of Beretta manufactured Firearms.

Beretta .25 cal. pistol
Beretta 1200-F and 1201-F
Beretta 1201-FP
Beretta 12S
Beretta 1915
Beretta 1S Flare Pistol
Beretta 70-90 AR
Beretta 76
Beretta 8000/8040 Cougar Pistol
Beretta 84FS Cheetah
Beretta 86FS Cheetah
Beretta 92 Billennium
Beretta 92 FS Airgun
Beretta 92 Stock
Beretta 92
Beretta 92F Early Model
Beretta 92FS
Beretta 92FS-96 Centurion
Beretta 92G Elite 2
Beretta 93R Select Fire Pistol
Beretta 93R with detachable stock
Beretta 950 .22 Corto
Beretta 950 Jetfire .22 short
Beretta 96 Special
Beretta 96FS
Beretta 98FS Target Pistol
Beretta 9000S
Beretta AR-70 Sport
Beretta AR-70/78
Beretta AR-70/90
Beretta AR70/90-GL
Beretta AR-70/90S
Beretta AR-70
Beretta AR70-84
Beretta Armi Roma M90
Beretta AS-70/90
Beretta AS-70
Beretta AUTO-9
Beretta BM 59
Beretta BM59
Beretta BM62
Beretta Cx4 Storm Carbine
Beretta M38/42.
Beretta M3P Shotgun
Beretta M9 DOLPHIN
Beretta M9 Tactical Master
Beretta M9
Beretta M87 with Sabre Defender MK1 counter weight Beretta M93R-AG
Beretta M93R-AG
Beretta M951
Beretta M952
Beretta M96 Brigadier D pistol
Beretta MAB
Beretta Mini Cougar Pistol
Beretta Model 12
Beretta Model 12Sd
Beretta Model 1951 pistol
Beretta Model 501
Beretta Model 70 .22
Beretta Model 81 Pistol
Beretta Model 84 pistol
Beretta Model 86 pistol
Beretta Model 90 Roma .32ACP
Beretta Model 92G Pistol
Beretta PM12-S
Beretta PX4-STORM
Beretta Revolver Model 1
Beretta Revolver PR-71
Beretta RS202
Beretta RS202-M1 and RS202-M2
Beretta RS202-P
Beretta SB-92
Beretta SC-70 and SC70-SCS
Beretta SCP-70/90
Beretta Tactical Master 9mm
Beretta U22 NEOS
Beretta VERTEC

--

I'm the Bringer of Death, Fall to your knees and beg for mercy... Or Give me a Sandwich I'm hungry.

STRATCOM
STRATCOM Only slightly crazy
Jul 16 2005 Anchor

Just how good is the P-90

--

"I may not know anything but at least I am smarter then 90% of the people out there."

I just killed another form topic just by posting in it :(

"It does not smell like it is going to kill me"-My Brother

TheDebonairNomad
TheDebonairNomad Selectively Ignorant.
Jul 16 2005 Anchor

STRATCOM wrote: Just how good is the P-90

Cal: 5.7x28mm rounds.
Weight: About 3 kg with a full Mag.
Length: 500 mm in Length.
ROF: 900 rounds per minute.
Mag Capacity: 50 round Mags.
Range: 150 to 200 meters.

'Compared to the H&K MP5-A2/A3'

Cal: 9x19mm Parabellum (also .40S&W and 10mm Auto)
Weight: 2.54 kg 2.88 kg
Length: 'MP5-A2' 680mm, 'MP5-A3' 490 / 660mm
ROF: 800 rounds per minute
Mag Capacity: 15 and 30 rounds

Edited by (in order): TheDebonairNomad, TheDebonairNomad, TheDebonairNomad, TheDebonairNomad

--

I'm the Bringer of Death, Fall to your knees and beg for mercy... Or Give me a Sandwich I'm hungry.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.