Forum Thread
Looking for a Half Life mod (Forums : Development Banter : Looking for a Half Life mod) Locked
Thread Options 1 2
Aug 4 2005 Anchor

Hey, im looking for a mod i played about 1 year ago and i just cant remember its name! :(

Well its the age where u can be knights etc, u can like infiltrate castles, ride horses, use catapults etc.. Anyone have any idea of what mod i seek?, please =/

Aug 4 2005 Anchor

It's most likely Mastersword.

I'm not sure if the original servers are up, but a remake is being made anyhow.. ;)

Below you can find the original version and the remake.

A third possibility is this map pack for Sven Coop which featured in medievil times.

Mastersword: Can't find the link.. Anyone?
Master Sword Continued: Msremake.com
Sven Coop knight thingy: Svencoop.com (download the "2.0B Map Pack" (under "Custom Maps") and the map "Moria" is the one you want.) You'll of course need Sven Coop installed to play "Moria".

Aug 6 2005 Anchor

to bad it doesnt looks like the mod i once knew =/, there were only knights ( Humans ) there, nothing more.. and it was Only multiplayer. no npc's etc. I can remember exactly how it looks like, but im a very bad describer..

But for example in one map u begin on a landing-stage as one team, and u had to infiltrate a town, if i remember right u had to capture diffrent points in the town, like flags..

On another map there was a castle up a hill, and down the hill there was a small river with a bridge for the other team to get over, with for example horse, catapult etc..

and on another map ( dont remember so well ) there was a castle(?) and about 2-3 gates u could close and open, and up on a hill there was a curch and a bit further from there u could find cannons to use, u could walk around and fire them :).

and anothere there was just a hill with a small camp upside that u could attack, one team begin at the top and the other below with horses etc.

but thx anyway.. but still please respond if anyone have more tips :)

Edited by: Detrol

VegasTheWZAd
VegasTheWZAd Skull Servant
Aug 6 2005 Anchor

I reccomend choosing as many options as you can in your search for the half-life mod, and just go through the list (which is huge).

Aug 6 2005 Anchor

ive looked trough the whole list of MP HL Mods right here, but was unable to find it =/

Aug 6 2005 Anchor

Hrm wait, there was one HL MP mod in development (still, yes!) which looked awesome.. I just don't remember its name, though I do believe it was hosted on PlanetHalfLife. I shall do some searching.. (I myself am also interested in what became of the mod! :))

Edit: Ah here: Destiny! Too bad it doesn't seem to much alive anymore and a lot of the media is down. They used to have some great looking media.. Pity..

Edited by: SEThorian

Aug 6 2005 Anchor

Ah, I found their forums! It's not dead, but non-active until either another team takes over or they find new team members..

Interesting...

Dynamic.gamespy.com

Aug 6 2005 Anchor

in development? :o, i played it about a year ago, and then it was amazing, and from what ive seen on the site its SP included etc, and lot of more classes, the one im talking about didnt have any fantasy classes like druids etc, only diffrent knights, so still not quiet there yet =/ but getting closer :P

Aug 6 2005 Anchor

Phew.. Sounds like an awesome mod.. The last thing I can think of is Wizard Wars. But that doesn't include knights, I believe..

Here: Planethalflife.com

Aug 6 2005 Anchor

still wrong, already got that one =/, please someone, help me fint the lost mod ;D

Aug 6 2005 Anchor

Truly last thing I can think of: Pirates, Vikings and Knights:

Pvkmod.com

The site sucks, tbh, but download the beta and look if that's it.

Here's the sequel to it for Source (in development): Pvkii.com

They'll probably have a ModDB profile, but right now I'm too lazy to look.. :P

ror
ror
Aug 6 2005 Anchor

first thing I thought of when reading was PVK, gotta be surely?

--

teamgames are for those who want to blame their losses on others. Play deathmatch you wuss.

Aug 6 2005 Anchor

Nope, its not the one, ive played that one much much in the years.. i almost thought it was for a sec, but i remember now its not ;P.. well still anyone please help me!, love this mod!

There aint any horses, cannons, catapults etc in pvk..

Edited by (in order): Detrol, Detrol, Detrol, Detrol, Detrol, Detrol

Aug 6 2005 Anchor

Are you sure its for Half-Life? We're getting all dried up over here! :o

Aug 6 2005 Anchor

hmmm that reminds me of a mod i was looking at yesterday. they had just switched engine to something newer either bf2 engine(reality engine?) or source engine. they had screenshots of old mod wiht horses i think. welll there were people on horses anyway

Aug 7 2005 Anchor

remember! ;D, yeah im 100% sure its for HL ^^, there should be someone who knows, i played with lot of ppls.. :P

Aug 7 2005 Anchor

sorry couldnt find it. i thoguht i had added it to my mod watch :( i think you may not be able to find it under hl1 because they probably changed the mod profile to the new engine so it will be listed there.

lhavelund
lhavelund Ninjas! Ninjas I tells ya!
Aug 7 2005 Anchor

Sounds like an interesting mod.. I have no idea which it is though. Good luck finding it :D

--

User Posted Image

Aug 7 2005 Anchor

Geez.. My memory keeps shagging me..

I just remember that there was another HL1 fantasy mod in development which, in the meanwhile, might have gotten some stuff out. But I really don't know how it's called. It's been on PHL fairly frequently, but I really wouldn't know what name to search for..

Howcome there suddenly are so many HL1 fantasy mods? It's just crazy.. %)

Edit: Quest: The Lost Realm.

It took me some searching.. :)

Dynamic.gamespy.com

Edited by: SEThorian

Aug 7 2005 Anchor

As i said before its not really fantasy, its only knights, no creatures etc, its not some kind of RPG, its just some DM game, but with capture points :P.. but i really appreciate ur help!

Aug 11 2005 Anchor

ok still no one who knows? :P

Aug 11 2005 Anchor

is this a contest?

--

"We will create games we know gamers will want to play, because we ARE gamers, not MBAs or assholes from Hollywood or marketing dweebs whose last gig was selling Tide."

Aug 11 2005 Anchor

? no? i just wanna know the name of the mod.. there should be someone who knows, cuz there were lot or ppls playing it then

Aug 26 2005 Anchor

Please cmon people ;D, dont answer if u dont anything to come with, like Mansemat i bet there is new ppls looking every day, not only the ones who have posted.

Blu_Chez
Blu_Chez Crusader?
Aug 30 2005 Anchor

was it strictly knight or could you chose a different type of person?

--

Earn your spot in heaven by sending all the infedels to hell.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.