Forum Thread
SWARM NEW MOD FOR FAR CRY ** HELP WANTED** (Forums : Development Banter : SWARM NEW MOD FOR FAR CRY ** HELP WANTED**) Locked
Thread Options 1 2 3
cheeseyballz
cheeseyballz 100% Pretty Cool
Aug 29 2005 Anchor

SWARM is a modification for Far Cry where you fight off an endless supply of enemies in a totally new environment.

..THE CITY..

There are going to be many new aspects to the game, including all new MELEE weapons, and many new ranged. There shall also be new vehicle and enemys.

The mod SWARM has a strong team who have filled the positions below.

Weapon modeller - 1 {another required)
Animator - {required}
Web Site Design - 1
Building modeller - 2
AI - {need AI programmer proficient in sandbox and LUA scripting}
Cut Scenes - 2
Mappers - 3
Writer - 1

:EDITED:

Edited by (in order): cheeseyballz, cheeseyballz

Aug 30 2005 This post has been deleted.
Mauvebib
Mauvebib Swallow My Pride
Aug 30 2005 Anchor

Much as I love the Cryengine, it's not really suitable for city environments. It'll be sloooooow...

--

Defeat in Detail 2 - Standalone RTS Game
Planetquake.com
Moddb.com

AJ_Quick
AJ_Quick Arty type thing
Aug 30 2005 Anchor

that's a whole lot of modlers!

how many modles coulda modlechuck chuck if a modlechuck could chuck modles

WARK!

--

"I will play but only if there is clopping" - Alex Quick, Sep 15 2012, 6:56am

cheeseyballz
Aug 30 2005 Anchor

Yo ok now crytec can handle it caus we dont make the buildings in crytec and we know it can handle it from expierence ok? i need someone to help with AI if u can please please please msg me caus that would be more help then you could ever imagine, and the reason im not giving the whole story out to non team members is because i dont wanna kill it for everyone. Basically its Monsters SWARM the city, u build barricades to try n hold em back and to buy u time to explore. The monsters will come in all different shapes and sizes, basically they are the same ones in far cry but jus modified. There will be a few diff forms of the small monkey guy, and of the soldier guy and the big guy and all the others!! dont be misled this mod is gonna be sickkkkkkkkk

Mauvebib
Aug 30 2005 Anchor

Perhaps if you aproached this request more profesionally you'd get more positive responses.

--

Planetquake.com
Moddb.com

cheeseyballz
Aug 30 2005 Anchor

Dude i dont really need ur help ok? i have a full team and they are giving me the best feed back and help i could ask for. If you dont wanna help fine... idc if u dont. Im not asking for anything much im jus requesting or hoping i can get someone who can do AI quick. I got 1 person already i jus dont wanna overburden him caus this mod is big. thank you buddy and umm dont leave feedback unless its positive jus pm or email me with hate messages thanx.

leilei
leilei The person who doesn't like anything
Aug 30 2005 Anchor

cheeseyballz wrote: Dude i dont really need ur help ok? i have a full team and they are giving me the best feed back and help i could ask for. If you dont wanna help fine... idc if u dont. Im not asking for anything much im jus requesting or hoping i can get someone who can do AI quick. I got 1 person already i jus dont wanna overburden him caus this mod is big. thank you buddy and umm dont leave feedback unless its positive jus pm or email me with hate messages thanx.

If that's your official PR stance, taking any constructive criticism as "flame" then don't expect having a great reputation and having a very successful mod if you get along with communities that way. When you are rude with disrespect, no one will help you.

cheeseyballz wrote: I am not giving out too many details about SWARM as to keep the story fresh. But just think of SWARM as a combo of Resident Evil and Far Cry, made to please all survival horror fans and Far Cry fans alike!

surprise surprise, another zombie mod. BUT ON ISLANDS

And at this rate if you really need zombie ai RIGHT NOW, you could code it yourself. All you have to do is rip out all the "intelligent" crap out like strafing, taking cover, and making them all dumb and go at you.

Edited by (in order): leilei, leilei

--

<  insert subject games here  >

Aug 30 2005 Anchor

If you don't really need peoples help then why in your original post was you pretty much begging for someone to do the AI?
"if u can do AI PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE MSG ME"

And how can you expect people to believe the mod is going to be "sickkkkkkkkk" if you don't give any info, other than that this a Resident Evil in far cry, which to me sounds horrific and by that i don't mean scary.

--

Character modeller - Conflict Omega
www.conflictomega.com

jacksonj04
jacksonj04 Over 9000
Aug 30 2005 Anchor

Oookay...

Please read the essential forum guide as it will help you along.

You may also want to read the mod ideas guidelines as they cover a lot of what you're saying in this thread.

Our essential tutorials on getting the first impressions right and PR do's and don'ts will give you a kick start into how to put your ideas across without making yourself seem like an idiot.

Finally, a minor caution goes out to cheeseyballz, leilei and SanAndreas1990 for being rude or abrasive to other members.

Edited by: jacksonj04

--

Barcode Imagejacksonj04 the generally helpful one
Lost, confused or just need a virtual cuddle? PM me.
Need urgent help from staff? PM us all.

Mauvebib
Aug 30 2005 Anchor

cheeseyballz wrote: Dude i dont really need ur help ok?

Actually I was considering helping you out with the AI. I studied AI for 3 years at university, and I know my way around the FarCry LUA source. However, since you make it obvious you don't want my help, I'll take my talents elsewhere.

--

Planetquake.com
Moddb.com

cheeseyballz
Aug 30 2005 Anchor

Ok thanx caus i already got someone to do AI, thanx for your offer though its very appreciated. I do not require much help any more but and extra help would be nice, and would ease up the work that is put on him. He is actually very good at AI and does a good job. Im very impressed with his work and am quite content. See im not going to be mean to ne one ne more caus u know what? its annoying to fight with ppl over a stupid game. Its very childish really to fight online lol. Thanx ne ways Mauvebib, oh and nice icon lol

Edited by: cheeseyballz

cheeseyballz
Aug 30 2005 Anchor

Ahh yes im not a 12 year old haha and i dont like to act like an old dude, its jus annoying. The reason y i dont have a site is caus my friend IS MAKING 1 ATM OK???
I will put up a fully detailed outline of the story tomorrow. I do not want advice for now caus i only need help hehe. thanks my friend, i do not flame as you do :O I do like advice but i really ask my friend for advice for the mod caus hes the head of the Cerebus Protocal mod, and hes expierenced. Thank you any way and yes i will try to correct some of my ways. Why dont we all be friends? i reallly dislike fighting especially over the net its immature lol. Ill start over... Hi how are you? :) lets all be friends :D

cheeseyballz
Aug 30 2005 Anchor

Fine dont be friendly towards me but im gonna be friendly towards you then my friend. Have a nice day. :(

Aug 31 2005 This post has been deleted.
cheeseyballz
Aug 31 2005 Anchor

Thank you and yes i do need advice... but i dont want advice from u id like it from my friends, and ppl who are expierenced, unlike you, you are just a normal person now my friend would you kindly leave me be? thank you my friend

cheeseyballz
Aug 31 2005 Anchor

Mod Security dude can u delete this whole discussion? i want to renew it and start a new 1, and can u make it so TKZzA and SanAndreas1990 cant leave feedback because they are really annoying me and im trying to be nice to them but its getting really hard to even think of being nice towards em thanxxx

Mauvebib
Aug 31 2005 Anchor

They're not the ones with the attitude problem.

--

Planetquake.com
Moddb.com

cheeseyballz
Aug 31 2005 Anchor

Sry i know i have an attitude problem sometimes i cant help im trying though sry all if iv been a bitch i dont mean to be like dat :P hehe so ok does ne one else besides TKZzA or SanAndreas1990 have some comments for me? mabe wanna help? If its from ne one else ill be happy to take suggestions or comments. Have ne suggestions for SWARM The Last Stand? want to join the SWARM team? Email me at lumpy_peas@yahoo.com.sg Xfire - cheeseballz MSN - lumpy_peas@yahoo.com AIM froogle212 thanx all the positions id like to have filled are

-AI editing/spawning
-modeling

Thanx all hope to see you soon

--
Saying guns kill people is like blaming misspelled words on a pencil.

cheeseyballz
Aug 31 2005 Anchor

SWARM got a web site join up fast
Swarmmod.proboards61.com

BlueWolf72
BlueWolf72 Mod Till Ya Die
Aug 31 2005 Anchor

congrats

--

Desura Contests Live!
Twitter With Me?<!--Session data-->

<!-- Top iFrame -->

<!-- Bottom iFrame -->

Aug 31 2005 Anchor

Are forums allowed as sites here? I thought they weren't....

Chaossaber314
Chaossaber314 RETSP Team Leader, Disestablishmentarianist
Aug 31 2005 Anchor

Chunky.The.Tree wrote: Are forums allowed as sites here? I thought they weren't....

That was my impression as well.

--

Pez says:
hey choas, whats it like being a jew
Chaossaber says:
What's it like being an anti-semite?
Pez says:
I'm going to pretend to understand what that means

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.