Forum Thread
Chris Walken for President (Forums : General Banter : Chris Walken for President) Locked
Thread Options
Aug 30 2005 Anchor

Walken2008.com

This is a complete surprise. Probably my favourite actor of all time, but ... :O

Naturally, he doesn't stand a chance, but ... :O:O

Edited by (in order): Sajt, Sajt

--

User Posted Image

dEaThMaStEr
dEaThMaStEr modDB Pile of Twigs
Aug 30 2005 Anchor

And naturally its a hoax. :P

Krycha
Krycha ♥♥♥
Aug 30 2005 Anchor

Almost as good as Ficus for President.

--

Mod DB 1337 Polsky Man™ /// still here, lurking!
User Posted Image |User Posted Image

ImTheDarkcyde
ImTheDarkcyde ¯\(º_o)/¯
Aug 30 2005 Anchor

i'd vote bush before i voted for an actor

sure its a joke, but how many idiots would actually vote for him if he ran, just because he is a celebrity? can anyone say california? arnold schwartzenegger?

people are overobsessed with celebrities...

TwinBeast
TwinBeast Full Metal Bionic Witch
Aug 30 2005 Anchor

Vote some nigga for a usa presdiente and you'll get a better man running the place.

Aug 30 2005 Anchor

ImTheDarkcyde wrote: i'd vote bush before i voted for an actor

sure its a joke, but how many idiots would actually vote for him if he ran, just because he is a celebrity? can anyone say california? arnold schwartzenegger?

people are overobsessed with celebrities...

Yeah I definitly agree. While Bush may not be the best of presidents he at least knows what he should be doing... now whether he actually does it or not.. I don't know.

--

AJ_Quick
AJ_Quick Arty type thing
Aug 30 2005 Anchor

Jimi wrote: Vote some nigga for a usa presdiente and you'll get a better man running the place.

What the hell does that even mean?

P.S Chris Walken PWNS teh pOLiTiKs

--

"I will play but only if there is clopping" - Alex Quick, Sep 15 2012, 6:56am

TheRambo
TheRambo Hello.
Aug 30 2005 Anchor

I'd never vote for a celebrity to become president if i was a US citizen. But i would also refrain from voting someone like Bush. What we need is a man capable of managing the country in a safe, but still efficient way. I am not familiar with the current situation in the US, but I believe there are guite a few of that kind out there that would be willing to run for president. The main problem is money to finance an election campagne. If you can only do that within limitations, chances are that people are either not going to know you at all or they might not understand you. If you had more money, meaning more time (for example on TV), you could reach far more people. Money is the one thing both celebrities running for president and people like Bush with their rich supporters have. If it wasn't for money, I believe that first Gore and now Kerry would have had a chance against Bush.

edit:
Mr.Kadish: He means that a black man running the country would be far better for it since he has a totally different view on things, not merely focusing on the rich, but also on the poor people (giving them better health insurance, or pay them a little something if they are unable, but willing to get a job etc.)

Edited by (in order): TheRambo, TheRambo

--

OMG it's teh Raaaaammmbooo!!!

Chaossaber314
Chaossaber314 RETSP Team Leader, Disestablishmentarianist
Aug 30 2005 Anchor

Is anyone here on the Facebook?

Cause they have a group about this as well.

--

Pez says:
hey choas, whats it like being a jew
Chaossaber says:
What's it like being an anti-semite?
Pez says:
I'm going to pretend to understand what that means

AJ_Quick
AJ_Quick Arty type thing
Aug 30 2005 Anchor

TheRambo wrote:

Mr.Kadish: He means that a black man running the country would be far better for it since he has a totally different view on things, not merely focusing on the rich, but also on the poor people (giving them better health insurance, or pay them a little something if they are unable, but willing to get a job etc.)

wow, what a sweeping generalization

I figured that was the point he was trying to make as well , but it just doesnt even make sense.

I think it's wrong to assume that every black man in politics has a rags to riches story, or that every black man in a position of political power would give a shit about "the poor people"

Just in the same way that some WHITE people in political power dont really give a fuck about "the poor", some are bleeding heart liberals or noblesse oblige who make it their mission to look after low income citizens or the unemployed.

To what extent it's all a facade anyway, could be disputed.

Ground Rule : Human nature dictates looking out for your own ass, and ensuring your OWN survival. Anything else is an affectation , at best.

Edited by: AJ_Quick

--

ImTheDarkcyde
ImTheDarkcyde ¯\(º_o)/¯
Aug 30 2005 Anchor

oh drop the race riot, the thread is about christopher walken

ThePirate
ThePirate The moddb swashbuckler
Aug 30 2005 Anchor

I'd vote for Walken! ;)

--

User Posted Image
User Posted Image

AJ_Quick
AJ_Quick Arty type thing
Aug 30 2005 Anchor

He was the bomb in Sleepy Hollow man...The BOmb

No dialogue, and still the bomb.

Edited by: AJ_Quick

--

Wilhelm_III
Wilhelm_III Who the hell do I think I am?
Aug 30 2005 Anchor

Lol, that's a great one. I coulden't picture him actually running.

Aug 31 2005 Anchor

Well, I saw him on the David Letterman show once (recently), and he wasn't exactly that good at conversation. Mostly he'd interrupt a conversation to very slowly tell a story that sounded like it was going somewhere, or like it would end up being funny or insightful, but then the story would abruptly end. Like after they showed the clip for Wedding Crashers (a movie in which he plays a guy's girlfriends' disapproving father), he slowly told the story about how when he was growing up in New York in the 40s, he'd be going out with a girl, and when he was at her front door talking to her her father would always be in another room, glaring at him. That was the whole story... the audience was quiet the whole time it was being told, and then it abruptly ended, and then people laughed uneasily, more AT the man than anything else. In fact, by the end, Dave was mocking him a bit.

But that aside, he's still my favourite actor. And I would vote for him no matter what he run for... heck, if he declared himself dictator for life I'd still vote for him.

Edited by (in order): Sajt, Sajt

--

User Posted Image

TheRambo
TheRambo Hello.
Aug 31 2005 Anchor

Mr.Kadish wrote:

TheRambo wrote:

wow, what a sweeping generalization

I figured that was the point he was trying to make as well , but it just doesnt even make sense.

I think it's wrong to assume that every black man in politics has a rags to riches story, or that every black man in a position of political power would give a shit about "the poor people"

Just in the same way that some WHITE people in political power dont really give a fuck about "the poor", some are bleeding heart liberals or noblesse oblige who make it their mission to look after low income citizens or the unemployed.

To what extent it's all a facade anyway, could be disputed.

Ground Rule : Human nature dictates looking out for your own ass, and ensuring your OWN survival. Anything else is an affectation , at best.

Well I just picked up whatever he said and continued it a little. Personally, I think that race doesn't matter, there are all kind of people with all kind of thoughts/actions in every race. But, as a study (of which i unfortunately don't have a link) has proven, a higher percentage of black people would reign in a more "health care friendly" (you know what i mean) manner than white people. I think this is because they have never had to go through such troubles as blacks were forced to and thus are more familiar with how much a little bit could mean to someone, whereas the average white man has never suffered from hunger etc. He does see and realize that, but does so merely with his brain, not with his heart (ok that sounded weird but i can't think of a different way of putting it.) So this is why he will nevere actually consider really doing something against all the poor.

Remember this is just an assumtion based on a study, I don't know all this for sure :)

--

OMG it's teh Raaaaammmbooo!!!

ThePirate
ThePirate The moddb swashbuckler
Sep 3 2005 Anchor

They updated his political profile thing. Now that I think of it I wouldn't vote for him in real life. But he's still my favorite celebrity.

Edited by: ThePirate

--

User Posted Image
User Posted Image

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.