Forum Thread
rainbow six remake (Forums : Ideas & Concepts : rainbow six remake ) Locked
Thread Options
Feb 13 2008 Anchor

I'd like to see one made for Crysis or UE3. Kinda susprised nobody has ever made one before when so many fans miss the old tactical play that the original had.

Feb 13 2008 Anchor

It could be based off have the SP missions and MP maps of the first game plus Eagle Watch.
*Iron sights or crosshairs as a server option
*Limping if shot in the leg.
*Being able to have as many attachments as you want compared to only 1 in RVS.
*Being able to pick up weapons unlike the first games
*Weapons Rifles- M16A4,M4A1,AK47,AK-103,AK-74,AKS-74U,SA80,AUG,M14, I know more could be added just as a start.
SMGs- MP5A4,MP5K,MP5/10,P90,UZI,
Pistols- M9 Beretta,Colt 1911,USP .45,MR73 (revolver the GIGN use)
Snipers- PSG9,Dragonov,M14 DMR,
LMG- RPK,RPK-74,RPD,M249,M60

Edited by: NoobSaibot

Feb 13 2008 Anchor

Sorry, no one will make a mod for you the best way to see your idea made is make it yourself.
Game clones on newer engines are rarely completed, yes it would have nice new textures and normal maps but nothing beats a classic.

Feb 13 2008 Anchor

Games clones never rarely completed? What about Doom Classic for Doom 3 that got released. Goldeneye Source got released and I think Black Mesa Source will get released too. And it isn't just fancy new graphics theres alot of thing that could be done for the gameplay that wasen't possible back then.

Icemage
Icemage Substance > Hype
Feb 13 2008 Anchor

One might ask if all the effort involved is worth the trouble.

Personally, if I'm investing all that time, effort, and talent, I'd like to create something more than a stale rehash of something that everyone has already played to death. But that's just me.

--

Icemage
---
Creating a mod requires: Creativity. Skill. Effort. Two out of three doesn't count.

Feb 13 2008 Anchor

NoobSaibot wrote: Games clones never rarely completed? What about Doom Classic for Doom 3 that got released. Goldeneye Source got released and I think Black Mesa Source will get released too. And it isn't just fancy new graphics theres alot of thing that could be done for the gameplay that wasen't possible back then.

You have quoted 3 out of 500+ mods that are planning on remaking a games :)

Wraiyth
Wraiyth That Guy Who Does Those Things With The Stuff
Feb 13 2008 Anchor

Agree with Icemage. Why not do something original?

What about Doom Classic for Doom 3 that got released. Goldeneye Source got released and I think Black Mesa Source will get released too. And it isn't just fancy new graphics theres alot of thing that could be done for the gameplay that wasen't possible back then.

Every second idea posted on this forum is 'remake this', and you've managed to name a whole TWO mods that were re-makes. Aza is right.

Feb 13 2008 Anchor

There's probably plenty more remakes out there that have been completed. I'm not going to entertain you by finding each one.

Jyffeh
Jyffeh I am arch jailbird scowl.
Feb 13 2008 Anchor

We're not telling you this stuff to be mean. It's advice you should truly take to heart. Any active forum member can explain to you how much of this we see everyday. About 0.0001% of these things see the light of day. It's sad, but true.

--

User Posted Image

Yak.RUS wrote: We had a girl in my school that took LCD and now she thinks shes a balloon for the rest of her life.

Feb 13 2008 Anchor

I can still dream I guess.

Feb 13 2008 Anchor

So pretty much a total conversion of Crysis or UT3 with all new weapons, coding to improve tactical AI and strategy, character models, environment models, maps, animations, and textures. Sounds lofty and doomed to failure.

--

Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave.

Docm30
Docm30 Snuffy
Feb 13 2008 Anchor

It's not even that remakes tend to fail, it's more that most people are dead-tired of modern, tactical shooters.

Feb 14 2008 Anchor

I don't know if people are 'dead tired' of modern, tactical shooters, since that seems to be what remains the most popular across the modding community, at least from players. Though if you disregard players, I agree, I think everyone that works on mods is pretty damn tired of it.

--

Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave.

ambershee
ambershee Nimbusfish Rawks
Feb 14 2008 Anchor

Docm30 wrote: It's not even that remakes tend to fail, it's more that most people are dead-tired of modern, tactical shooters.

I get the feeling that's hardly the case. In fact 'modern tactical shooters' are pretty much all I've seen rammed down my throat for the past couple of years now...

Hanzie
Hanzie Read. Read Code. Code.
Feb 14 2008 Anchor

Yup, time for something more original :)

Arxae
Arxae Resident Stepmania Freak :D
Feb 14 2008 Anchor

NoobSaibot wrote: Games clones never rarely completed? What about Doom Classic for Doom 3 that got released.

yes it got a demo released, it didnt had a full release with all doom maps afaik

--

°w°

Feb 14 2008 Anchor

ambershee wrote:

Docm30 wrote: It's not even that remakes tend to fail, it's more that most people are dead-tired of modern, tactical shooters.

I get the feeling that's hardly the case. In fact 'modern tactical shooters' are pretty much all I've seen rammed down my throat for the past couple of years now...

Those are the wanna be tactical shooters like GRAW and Vegas. There aren't many realistic tactical shooters now a days.

Edited by (in order): NoobSaibot, NoobSaibot

Gin
Gin Oldsk00l
Feb 17 2008 Anchor

Vegas.......... is a Rainbow Six game. ;)

--

Got off my ass and did something today.  I quit.

KaptianKrunch
KaptianKrunch Logic dosn't make sense to me
Feb 17 2008 Anchor

There coming out with RAINBOW SIX: Vegas 2 why clone it when their doing it for you?

--

I'll sleep when I'm dead thank you.
User Posted Image
join the club or or buy a keychain

[quote]Me: So gods like a guy with a sniper rifle?
Zac: ya
Me: so when you sin he clicks off the safety?
Zac: theres no safety on his rifle[/quote>

Feb 18 2008 Anchor

KaptianKrunch wrote: There coming out with RAINBOW SIX: Vegas 2 why clone it when their doing it for you?

Vegas 2 is nothing like the old R6.

MsKitty
MsKitty MwrOw
Feb 18 2008 Anchor

NoobSaibot wrote:

KaptianKrunch wrote: There coming out with RAINBOW SIX: Vegas 2 why clone it when their doing it for you?

Breech in 3 different ways, plan squad movement, position squad, remove terrorist threat with ample weapon selection.......

How do you figure?:)

Feb 18 2008 Anchor

mskitty wrote:

NoobSaibot wrote:

Breech in 3 different ways, plan squad movement, position squad, remove terrorist threat with ample weapon selection.......

How do you figure?:)

Every old school fan would disagree with you. First off, Vegas has no pre planning stage at all, you can't choose the operatives you want to bring along, you can't choose their loadout. The one shot one kill factor has been tooken away from us. If Ubi released a SDK for Vegas, then there would have been already a R6 remake out there, but they apparently don't like modders.

Icemage
Icemage Substance > Hype
Feb 18 2008 Anchor

^ R6Vegas was built under Unreal Engine 3. Theoretically you could, with enough elbow grease, recreate the vast majority of the gameplay (for either game) in a mod for UE3.

Of course, that would require more than posting complaints on an internet forum...

--

Icemage
---
Creating a mod requires: Creativity. Skill. Effort. Two out of three doesn't count.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.